Additional program details will be released as the program schedule is refined.
The following workshops and workshop instructors have been confirmed. All workshops will take place in the morning of Wednesday, 14 September 2016. Workshop titles have not been finalized.
- CANCER SURVIVORSHIP: Noreen Aziz, MD, PhD, MPH; Mandi Pratt Chapman, MA, George Washington University Cancer Institute
- GENETICS AND CANCER CARE: Kathleen Blazer, EdD, MS, LCGC, City of Hope; Kathy Calzone, MSN, PhD, National Cancer Institute; Jeffrey Weitzel, MD, City of Hope
- HEALTH LITERACY: Cathy Meade, PhD, RN, FAAN, Moffitt Cancer Center
- PALLIATIVE CARE: Elaine Wittenberg, PhD, City of Hope
- USE OF A TRANSLATOR: Maria Bishop, MD, University of Arizona Cancer Center
Invited Conference Speakers
The following invited speakers have confirmed their participation in the 2016 ICEC. Presentation dates may change if speakers’ schedules change. Presentation titles have not been identified at this time.
- Douglas Lowy, MD, Acting Director, National Cancer Institute (Wed., 14 Sept. 2016, keynote address)
- Edward L. Trimble, MD, MPH, Director, Center for Global Health, National Cancer Institute (Thurs., 15 Sept. 2016, plenary)
- Julia Rowland, PhD, Director, Office of Cancer Survivorship, National Cancer Institute (Fri., 16 Sept. 2016, plenary)
- Ming Lei, PhD, Deputy Director and Cancer Training Branch Chief, Center for Cancer Training, National Cancer Institute (Fri., 16 Sept. 2016, invited concurrent)
- Jeannette Korczak, PhD, Program Director, Center for Cancer Training, National Cancer Institute (Fri., 16 Sept. 2016, invited concurrent)
- Elmer Huerta, MD, MPH, Director, Cancer Preventorium, Washington Cancer Institute, MedStar Washington Hospital Center (Thurs., 15 Sept. 2016, Harvey Lecture plenary)
- Olivia Carter-Pokras, PhD, Professor, Department of Epidemiology and Biostatistics, Interim Associate Dean of Diversity and Inclusion, University of Maryland School of Public Health (Wed., 14 Sept. 2016, plenary)